Here are some of our favorite narrative things we’ve done for much less money than our commercial things.
A mysterious young woman materializes in the middle of the Southwestern desert, where each step teaches her about her new world and her new body. As she assumes her new life, she discovers she has a twin with whom she shares more than just an outward appearance.
Imitation Girl was acquired for worldwide distribution by Epic Pictures through the Dread Central Presents label.
• Cinequest Film & VR Festival 2017 | San Jose (World Premiere)
• Dances with Films 2017 | Los Angeles
• Milan International Film Festival 2017 | Milan (Nominated – Best Film, Best Actress)
• Horror Channel FrightFest 2017 | London
• Philadelphia Unnamed Film Festival 2017 | Philadelphia
• Boston Underground Film Festival Dispatches 2017 | Boston
Written & Directed by Natasha Kermani
Produced by Forrest McClain & Tim Wu
“As a portrait of female identity, in all its hopes and disappointments, joys and sorrows, Imitation Girl inspires a shudderingly sublime sense of awe that is not ultimately defined by male desires and demands.”
- BFI, Sight & Sound
“…a gentle tale about identity and what defines us… 2017’s gem.”
“…achieves a feminist fairy-tale with a shivery existentialist twist.”
"...a compelling examination of love, sex, race, identity and basically the human condition. All done in 84 minutes. See it. Accept no substitutes."
- Electric Shadows
“…a sensitive and thought-provoking little film that deals with the biggest of themes.”
“Imitation Girl epitomizes grassroots independent cinema at its most fragile, beautiful, and honest.”
-The People’s Movies
A young woman goes back to redo a broken relationship with a lost love. Can they change…or will they be stuck in an endless cycle of repeating the past?
• New York Film Festival 2017 | New York City
• Imagine Science Films 2017 | New York City
• San Francisco IndieFest 2018 | San Francisco
• Boston Sci Fi Film Festival 2018 | Boston
• The Philip K Dick Sci-Fi Film Festival 2018 | New York City
• Indy Film Fest 2018 | Indianapolis
Written & Directed by Gabriel de Urioste
Produced by Tim Wu
The ALITA Project is a proof of concept fan-made film for the Manga series Battle Angel Alita, created by Yukito Kishiro. This film is meant to solely display our vision for a live-action Alita. Learn more about the project and view the film here.
Directed by Natasha Kermani
Written & Produced by Forrest McClain
A rising financial analyst steps out of her comfort zone to partner with her best friend in a pole dance competition.
First narrative film to be funded entirely on Twitch.tv.
• TwitchCon 2016 | San Diego
• LAIFF 2017 | Los Angeles (Winner – Best Comedy)
• Burbank International Film Festival | Burbank
• Las Cruces International Film Festival | New Mexico
• Barebones International Film Festival | Oklahoma
Co-production with Steflings Productions
Directed by Natasha Kermani
Written by Stefanie Woodburn & Jeane Wong
Produced by Stefanie Woodburn & Charlie Hicks
Produced for Abel Cine’s Phantom Miro High Speed Inspiration Challenge. Filmmakers across NYC were invited to pitch what they would create using Phantom’s new line of Miro cameras and the 5 finalists were given the camera for a week to make their films.
See the film here.
Director: Natasha Kermani & Tim Wu